Once your plan is approved there will be three different ways that you can manage your funds.
- Agency-managed: The NDIA makes payments to care/support providers chosen by you.
- Self-managed: You manage your plan’s financial and administration process. You will pay support providers and the NDIA reimburses you.
- Plan management provider: You engage another organisation to undertake the financial management for you.
You may wish to consider these points when making your choice:
- Could be the easiest for you
- Little financial management required from you
- No costs for you
- You have to choose an NDIA registered service provider
- Great for people who like full control
- The Agency pays you the first month upfront, which you use for payments and then claim the costs back
- You can purchase supports from service people not registered with the NDIS
- Requires strong financial management skills and record keeping
- May take up a lot of your time managing the process
Plan management provider
- Could be easier for you than self-managed
- The provider may assist with hiring and paying staff
- They provide you with complete paperwork and records
- There will be fees involved
The families in our NDIS information sessions talk about how they choose to manage their funds.