Hydrotherapy and Water Exercise
Cerebral Palsy Alliance provides hydrotherapy for people with disabilities.
Individualised programs can be developed and held at a pool near your home or at our accessible hydrotherapy pool on Sydney’s northern beaches.
Hydrotherapy promotes relaxation in the water. Depending on the individual, hydrotherapy benefits may include:
- independence of movement not possible on land
- decreased swelling, improved circulation and reduced pain
- support of body weight, enabling easier walking and general mobility
- reduced muscle spasm allowing relaxation
- pain management
- improved water confidence, and
- improve fitness
For more information about individual programs near you call 1300 888 378.