VOLUNTEER GARDENER at Wallsend Community Living Wallsend
What do our volunteer gardeners contribute?
Working as part of a team, our volunteer gardeners contribute to the maintenance and development of our lovely Wallsend Community Living Residence.
What’s in it for you?
- Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team of volunteers and staff
- Supporting people with disbailities
- Getting your hands dirty and enjoying the great outdoors
- Developing knowledge and skills
Tasks can be variable depending on the season, needs of the garden and weather and can include:
- Helping with the general up keep of the gardens including:
- Seed sowing and planting
- Weeding and general care of beds and borders
- Pruning and care of shrubs and trees
- chat with families and staff
- Maintaining good Health and Safety practices
This role will suit people who:
- Have some experience and knowledge of gardening and enjoy the outdoors
- Have good communication and listening skills
- Have a cheerful demeanour and enjoy working as part of a team
- Are reasonably fit and willing to work out of doors in all weathers
- Have a positive, organised and flexible approach to work
- Enjoy helping their local community
- Able to committ to a couple of hours per week for minium 6 months.
Volunteers are asked to wear sturdy boots and bring weather appropriate clothing.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
1 Jan 1970