Disability Support Workers (Practitioners)
We have the best Disability Support Workers… Why?
It’s all about the way we recruit!
- Apply via the ‘apply online’ button;
- We will acknowledge your application;
- We might want to have a chat with you over the phone; and
- If we think you have what it takes to be the best you’ll be shortlisted to attend an interview.
The role of a Disability Support Worker is to encourage, support and enable people to live their life their way… we welcome you to learn more about becoming a Disability Support Worker with Cerebral Palsy Alliance …
What does a Disability Support worker actually do?
Think about all the things you’ve done for yourself today;
- Did you make breakfast or pack your lunch? we call this Mealtime preparation
- Did you do the washing up, put a load of washing on, vacuum the floors? we call this domestic support
- Did you go to the toilet, have a shower or bath? we call this Personal Care
- Did you drive, catch public transport or a taxi to work? we call this Transportation
- What did you do to get ready for your day? Pick out your cloths, have a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth? we call this Personal support
- Did you take your any medication or vitamins today? we call this Medication Administration
- Did you go to Uni or TAFE? we call this Individualised support
- These are some of the things we do, come and learn more about what it means to be a Disability Support worker!!!
Who are we looking for?
People who are:
- the right fit for Cerebral Palsy Alliance, its values and its clients – for now and into future;
- flexible when and where you work;
- committed and passionate about working in the disability sector;
- proactive, and happy supporting others to live their life their way;
- willing to take direction and learn;
- able to drive (with a minimum P2 driver’s license); and
- willing to obtain a First Aid/CPR certificate (within 3 months)
What are you looking for?
- Great staff benefits, including competitive hourly pay rates
- Flexible working hours;
- A comprehensive orientation program;
- On the job training;
- A strong support network of colleagues and managers;
- Professional development and educational opportunities;
- We are an Employer of choice for women 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013;
- An organisation driven by its values of integrity, passion, excellence, courage and respect; not to mention
- Over the past five years, our employees have continually rated us as one of the best employers in Australia
What do typical shift times look like?
- 06.00am-09.30am – morning shift
- 3.00pm-10.00pm – afternoon shift
- 10.00pm-06.00am – awake shift
- And almost anything in between!
Where are our services located?
Northern Beaches: Narraweena, Allambie, Terrey Hills, Beacon Hill
For more information, please contact:
To apply now, please click APPLY ONLINE.
1 Apr 2016
Northern Beaches: Narraweena, Allambie, Terrey Hills, Beacon Hll