Disability Support Worker (Practitioner)
Casual Positions Northern Beaches – Accommodation and Respite Services. If you are interested in a career with Cerebral Palsy Alliance please apply now…
What does a Disability Support worker actually do?
Think about all the things you’ve done for yourself today:
Did you make breakfast or pack your lunch? We call this Mealtime preparation
Did you do the washing up, put a load of washing on, vacuum the floors? We call this domestic support
Did you go to the toilet, have a shower or bath? We call this Personal Care
Did you drive, catch public transport or a taxi to work? We call this Transportation
What did you do to get ready for your day? Pick out your clothes, have a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth? We call this Personal support
Did you take any medication or vitamins today? We call this Medication Administration
Did your organise anything today? Lunch with friends, dentist appointment, a holiday! We call this Individualised support
These are but a few of the activities a Disability Support Practitioners might do in a day… it doesn’t stop there though, there are so many other things we do that encourage, support and enable people with a disability to live their life their way.
What type of hours are available in Accommodation and Respite Services?
06.00 – 09.30 – morning shift
15.00 – 22.00 – afternoon shift
22.00 – 06.00 – awake shift
08.00-16.00 – day shift
16.00 – 22.00 – afternoon shift
22.00-06.00 – awake shift
Who are we looking for?
We want to provide career diversity/opportunities to people who are:
- Reliable, enthusiastic, proactive, fun and who have a great work ethic
- Social, active and outgoing
- Good at problem solving
- Flexible around when and where they work
- Competent level of literacy required
- Enthusiastic, committed and passionate about making a difference in people’s lives
- Willing to take direction and learn;
- Able to drive (must have a minimum P2 driver’s license); and
- Willing to obtain a First Aid/CPR certificate (within 3 months).
- Be able to think outside the box.
What are you looking for?
- Great staff benefits, including competitive hourly pay rates
- Flexible working hours
- A comprehensive orientation program
- On the job training
- A strong support network of colleagues and managers
- Professional development and educational opportunities
- We are an Employer of choice for women 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- An organisation driven by its values of integrity, passion, excellence, courage and respect; not to mention
- Over the past five years, our employees have continually rated us as one of the best employers in Australia.
For more information, please contact:
To apply now, please click APPLY ONLINE.
31 Mar 2016
Narraweena, Allambie, Terrey Hills, Beacon Hill, Ryde, St Ives, Cromer
$26.57-$31.03 (Mon-Friday) $33.45 (Saturday) $39.03 (Sunday)