Emerge Leadership Program
From 26 Aug 2015 to 4 Nov 2015Time: 05:30pm to 07:00pmRecurrence: Fortnightly on the Wednesday
Cerebral Palsy Alliance’s Emerge leadership program is supported by the Greater Charitable Foundation.
The 9 month leadership and work readiness program has been designed to provide young people (18-25 years) who have finished mainstream school and have a physical disability develop leadership skills.
Participants are matched to a personal coach who assists them to identify and build on their strengths. The program aims to build confidence and familiarity in the business environment, and develop a network of professionals and friends.
Emerge is not just another leadership and self-development program – it seeks to give young people the skills needed to enhance their ability to make plans and work towards implementing them. It aims to give participants practical information (knowledge) and experiences (action) to lead and make change.
Participants are matched one-on-one with volunteer mentors who are from our corporate partner, The Greater Building Society.
The program runs over 15 sessions held fortnightly at the Head office of The Greater Building Society located in Hamilton NSW.
Sessions include a coaching session with a mentor, a skills learning session or an exposure visit/session
What are the Benefits for Participants?
- Develop their own communication style
- Understand their personal and leadership strengths
- Learn effective skills to manage projects
- Build self-confidence – and have lots of fun doing it!
- Get organised and work efficiently
- Add this course to their résumé
What Do Sessions Involve?
- Sessions throughout the year will target one of the 3 zones of leadership and self-development that help participants connect to their potential, themselves and their world. Topics will cover networking, personality styles, goal setting, communicating with people, project management, dealing with people’s reaction to disability and identifying strengths.. to name a few
- Guest speakers
- A visit to see leadership in action
- Interactive skills development – which are always highly engaging and a little bit fun as well
- Session timing is about ½ input and ½ one-on-one coaching
- Light refreshments